The Ironworker Management Progressive Action Cooperative Trust (IMPACT) provides paid maternity leave (“Paid Maternity Leave”) to female members (“Members”) who are qualified based on the criteria outlined below. It is paid leave associated with the birth of a Member’s own child.
Paid Maternity Leave is available to Members if all of the following criteria are met. It may be used during pregnancy and post-delivery.
- Member has submitted a certification of their pregnancy from their medical doctor
- Member has worked at least 100 hours over the past three months and was eligible for the Local Union’s health plan on the date of disability, and
- They have not used this benefit within the past 24 months, and
- There are no such benefits available through other means, such as time loss benefits through their employer or Local Union’s health Plan, government provided benefits (federal, state or local), or any other means available.
Benefits shall be calculated at the rate of 1/7 of the weekly benefit for each day of Total Disability when totally disabled for less than a full week. Benefit payments are calculated using the formula below.
• 66.67% (to a maximum of $800) of Normal Hourly Wage x 2080 ÷ 52 = Weekly Benefit
• Definition of “Normal Hourly Weekly Wage”: Most prevalent wage rate for that Member over the past
90 days based on a 40-hour work week.
• IMPACT has the exclusive right to determine the Normal Hourly Wage Rate.
• Maternity Program is not available to
• Canadian residents
• Surrogate related pregnancies
• Foster care
Please direct all claim related questions to the plan administrator, Welfare and Pension Administration Service, Inc. (WPAS). Once an accident claim has been processed, a PIN number will be mailed to you by WPAS. If you do not receive a PIN, you must complete a PIN Request Form. Information about individual claims can be accessed by logging in to MyTrust Login.
If you have any questions, please contact:
IMPACT Maternity Claim Form
District Representative, Safety/Diversity
202 702-7828 or email@example.com.