Leadership Strategies: Motivating a Changing Workforce
Thursday, November 1, 2018 (8am - 4:30pm US/Central)
Ironworkers Local 512 Training Center
851 Pierce Butler Route [map]
St. Paul, MN 55104-1634
Leadership Strategies: Motivating a Changing Workforce: This one-day course will teach you when to lead versus when to manage. As the labor market continues to tighten, it is critical to know what attracts people to our industry and what keeps them motivated to perform at optimum levels. In this course, you will learn:
- To distinguish between leadership and management
- What are the planning, organizing, and controlling skills of an efficient manager
- How to set direction, align people, motivate, and inspire
- What is Emotional Intelligence and why it matters
- How the demographics of the workforce are changing
- To recognize critical cultural differences in people and convert these differences into opportunities
- Examine the differences in work ethics among generations
Who Should Attend:
This course is appropriate for managers at all levels of a construction company, including field supervisors, project managers, senior managers, human resources managers, and anyone who manages other people.
These fees are available through 10/29/2018
Is Media Allowed?
General Hotel Information:
Participant Lodging Recommendations:
Best Western Plus Como Park
1010 Bandana Blvd., W.
St Paul, MN 55108
Phone: (651) 647-1637
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Paul Downtown
411 Minnesota Street
St Paul, MN 55101
Phone: (651) 291-8800
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul Downtown
175 10th Street, E.
St Paul, MN 55101
Phone: (651) 224-5400
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Paul Downtown
200 7th Street, W.
St Paul, MN 55102
Phone: (651) 224-7400
The nearest airport is Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP).
Ms. Elaine Darby
Administrative Assistant to the CEO
Phone: (202) 393-1147
Fax: (202) 393-1148