Leadership Strategies for Contractors (Training)
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 (8am - 3:30pm US/Eastern)
Iron Workers LU # 597, Jacksonville
9616 Kentucky Street [map]
Jacksonville, FL 32218
Registration Closed -- Meeting FullMy Meetings
Leadership Strategies for Contractors: This one-day course will teach you when to lead versus when to manage. As the labor market continues to tighten, it is critical to know what attracts people to our industry and what keeps them motivated to perform at optimum levels. In this course, you will learn:
- To distinguish between leadership and management
- What are the planning, organizing, and controlling skills of an efficient manager
- How to set direction, align people, motivate, and inspire
- What is Emotional Intelligence and why it matters
- How the demographics of the workforce are changing
- To recognize critical cultural differences in people and convert these differences into opportunities
- Examine the differences in work ethics among generations
Instructor: Ed Palpant, FMI Corporation.
Who Should Attend:
This course is appropriate for managers at all levels of a construction company, including field supervisors, project managers, senior managers, human resources managers, and anyone who manages other people.
These fees are available through 11/15/2017
Is Media Allowed?
General Hotel Information:
Nearby lodging for participants:
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Airport - 13551 Airport Court, Jacksonville, FL 32218; (904) 741-4001
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport - 13503 Ranch Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32218; (904) 421-2700
Holiday Inn Express - 1200 Airport Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32218; (904) 421-5000
Quality Inn Airport - 1351 Airport Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32218; (904) 741-0094
The nearest airport is Jacksonville International Airport (JAX).
Ms. Elaine Darby
Administrative Assistant to the CEO
Phone: (202) 393-1147
Fax: (202) 393-1148