Thinking Strategically (Training)
Thursday, September 7 (8am) - Friday, September 8, 2017 (4:30pm US/Eastern)
Ironworkers Local Union # 290 Training Center
4191 East US. Route 40 [map]
Tipp City, OH 45371
Thinking Strategically This is a two-day, 16-hour course designed to aid leaders with strengthening their strategic thinking skills. The ability for leaders in the ironworking industry to think strategically is crucial to competing successfully in the construction industry. Leaders are faced with increased competition, new technologies, changing demographics, and a changing economy. FMI’s Thinking Strategically Leader Laboratory examines the specific areas leaders need to develop to improve their strategic thinking ability and how to ingrain these skills in the organization’s employees. You will learn to:
• Understand the difference between strategic planning and strategic thinking
• Apply FMI’s Think Strategically Model to systematically approach personal and organizational thinking improvement
• Create internal and external networks of strategic relationships
• Identify how to recognize and leverage intuitions to improve your decision-making process
• Develop skills that allow you to plan for the unexpected and ensure the long-term success of your organization
• Create a culture of innovation and empowerment, characterized by creative thinking, open communication and adaptability to change
• Develop leaders who recognize patterns and trends within the industry while looking outside the industry for creative ideas and solutions to outperform the competition
• Self-assess your mastery of the core skills of thinking strategically and areas where you could improve
Throughout this interactive seminar, FMI will share a Thinking Strategically framework that leaders of all levels can leverage to improve skills and abilities. As a leader, your ability to effectively identify, understand, and act upon changing trends will set you apart from competitors. Expect to take part in exercises that demonstrate the value of thinking in more strategical ways and identify action steps to implement this behavior back at work.
Instructors Matthew Kennedy, FMI Corporation; Denise Gettman, FMI Corporation & Tom Alafat, FMI Corporation
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for leaders at all levels who have responsibility for organizational results. The program will benefit individuals who make organizational and business decisions, including executives, managers, and field leaders.
These fees are available through 09/07/2017
Is Media Allowed?
General Hotel Information:
Holiday Inn Express
5610 Merily Way
Huber Heights, OH 45424
Phone: (937) 235-2000
Days Inn Dayton
7761 Old Country Ct.
Dayton, OH 45424
Phone: (937) 233-1836
The nearest airport is Dayton International Airport.
Ms. Elaine Darby
Administrative Assistant to the CEO
Phone: (202) 393-1147
Fax: (202) 393-1148