Emerging Managers Institute
Tuesday, June 13 (8am) - Thursday, June 15, 2017 (4:30pm US/Eastern)
Ironworkers Local Union 5 Training Center
9110 Old Marlboro Pike [map]
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Emerging Managers Institute Who will run your organization when you’re gone? What are you doing to prepare your emerging managers to become your successors to manage and lead your organization into the future? Just being technically skilled is not enough to succeed in today’s competitive construction market. Industry research shows that the construction industry has done a good job of developing the knowledge base and technical skills of employees, but a poor job of developing management skills. Although people need to have a solid foundation of technical knowledge, the most successful leaders of the future will have also developed strong management, leadership and business skills in order to grow their organization. In this course, you will:
1. Identify your own communications style and learn practical skills for dealing with different types of individuals
2. Learn the difference between leadership and management
3. Gain insight into what it takes to be an effective leader
4. Understand how to create a culture of accountability, gain respect and develop people to achieve superior performance
5. Build productive long-term customer relationships with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction that will help turn your customers into “raving fans”
6. Learn new behaviors to improve your time-mastery skills and your personal productivity
7. Develop your individual action plan that can be tracked and monitored over time to ensure lasting benefits from attending this program
Instructors Ed Palpant, FMI and Randy Nemchin, FMI.
Who Should Attend:
EMI is designed for new managers or those identified as having supervisory responsibilities in the future. Potential attendees might include Project Executives, Project Managers, Project Engineers, Estimators, Departmental Managers, Local Union Business Managers, Local Union Leaders, or anyone in your organization who will assume a management role.
These fees are available through 06/13/2017
Is Media Allowed?
General Hotel Information:
Holiday Inn Express, 5001 Mercedes Blvd, Camp Springs, MD 20746, (301) 423-2323
Executive Inn & Suites, 2901 Crain Hwy, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774, (301) 627-3969
The nearest airports are DCA and BWI.
Ms. Elaine Darby
Administrative Assistant to the CEO
Phone: (202) 393-1147
Fax: (202) 393-1148